Friday, April 15, 2011

A new building kit

Recently I was looking on ebay for some additional figures (people) for the Musashi-Koyama modules when I came across a large apartment building kit that I had never seen before from a company that I had not heard of before, Aoshima.  I searched for this name and found out that this kit had been released in late 2009.  The full name of the company is Aoshima Bunka Kyozi which my wife tells me translates as Green or Blue Island Cultural Manufacturing.

So I purchased the kit and several sets of figures and they arrived within about 2 weeks. This kit came in a box that was approximately 13 x 8 x 4 inches.



There are about 14 spue sets in the kit, each in its own bag, plus step by step pictorial instructions and some stickers.  This photo shows about half of the parts that come with this kit.


Many of the parts in this kit have already been air brush painted.  Shown here are the railings for the balconies.  Some other painted details include pipes on the roof, window frames, and vents on the walls.  Looking over all the parts spues nothing seems to have that plastic look to it.


Two sets of stair towers are included.  I wish someone would offer pre-molded stair sets just by themselves for us kit bashers and scratch builders.

There are other nice touches to this kit like interior floors and walls, a hole between floors for lighting,  This is going to be great fun to build.
I have just the place for this apartment building on the Musashi-Koyama modules as shown highlighted in violet.

Buying on ebay: I purchased this kit from the ebay seller plazajapan in Osaka.  I have purchased from them several times and they have always been reliable.  Another good ebay seller of Japanese N scale items  that I have purchased from is hit-japan in Sapporo.

No comments:

Post a Comment