Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Japanese items in an N Scale database.

For a bit over a year now I have been assisting with the establishment of a comprehensive database of N scale products.  We currently have over 43,000 items in the database with more being added every day.

One of the areas I have been focusing on including are Japanese prototype items.  I have been entering passenger sets, buildings, vehicles, and figures.

http://www.trovestar.com/generic/group.php?Collection=4

 

 

Click HERE to link to the N Scale database.





This database is well worth checking out.  Points can be earned for entering items and then can be exchanged for a variety of N scale items or for subscriptions to N Scale Magazine or membership in the N Scale Enthusiast organization.

I personally have found the database helpful on several occasions when doing research.  When calling up a particular item in the database, it will indicate if that item is available for sale on ebay or Amazon with links to the listings.  The database itself also has items for sale on this database at reasonable prices.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Brad for blogging about this. Thanks to you and others we now have over 43,000 different N Scale items listed on the database.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brad, this is great - you should put this up on the JNS forum and a lot of folks in there can definitely utilize this resource as well as contribute to it. Once I get settled, I will enter my Kato and Tomix trains that I own that you haven't already entered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Great Junior, Your knowledge of Japanese prototype models will be a great help. Let me know if you have any questions regarding how to enter, edit, etc.

      Delete