Sunday, February 27, 2011

Paint & weathering for the platform












It's been a productive weekend.  After finishing the ballast on the track I weathered and re-installed the already painted station platforms.



This photo shows the colors I used on the platform structure, the asphalt platform deck, the awning support columns, and the safety stripes.




Kato platform kits come with a set of stickers which include yellow stripes to simulate the bumpy yellow safety stripes that run along the length of the platform.  I could not get the results I wanted with those so I masked the platform and airbrushed the stripes.


Bragdon Enterprises powders were used for weathering.  This station is being modeled at near the end of service life so it should look a little worn and I really like how weathering brings out the details. Later the awnings will also get weathered.

No comments:

Post a Comment