RailPictures.Net and realized I had what I was looking for. There would be clearance to allow for the girders to be under the tracks. I could cut the detailed girders off from the deck part of the Atlas bridge and use them.
I then added a styrene channel on each end and cut two strips 3 scale feet wide of V groove siding across the board pattern to simulate the walkways. They cover the top of each bridge girder and .080 x .080 styrene strip and overhang the girders just a little
So far everything I've done with this bridge was from materials I had on hand. The materials list so far:
- Atlas girder bridge, P/N 2548 (salvaged)
- Evergreen square .080 x .080 styrene strip, P/N 164
- Evergreen .156 I beam strip, P/N 275
- Evergreen .156 channel strip, P/N 265
- Evergreen .060 angle strip, P/N 291
- Evergreen .040 V-groove siding, .060 spacing, P/N 4060
I'll still need to put some hand rails and find the appropriate paint color but it's Sunday and the hobby shop is closed. I'll also want to re-stock the styrene items I used up so maybe tomorrow I'll try the hobby shop and continue on this project.