While the Musashi-Koyama modules actually have more track and turnouts than the mountain division / AsiaNrail lines on the Hot Springs Junction module, the fact that it is a junction and because the module may used in either a combined Ntrak / AsiaNrail layout or an AsiaNrail only layout an actual control panel was going to be needed. This control panel would have features for:
- Control of cross over between AsiaNrail and Ntrak Mountain lines
- 4 track blocks - AsiaNrail, Station Spur, Mountain Right, Mountain Left
- Each block selects one of two throttles or center off.
- Indicator lights would be nice but not absolutely necessary
- Can be mounted on front or back of module depending on setup
During the operation of the layout a the Hiller Aviation Museum in April the Hot Springs Junction was used as one of three terminals. Referring to the drawing above, a train would enter from the AsiaNrail layout and come into either the Station Spur or the Mountain Left, which was also a spur in this setup. It was envisioned that it would have been useful if the Mountain Right block could also have been used as a storage track. There is actually a similar track arrangement not far from my home at the Mountain View light rail station which is at the end of the line.