Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Starting the 2nd 45 degree module

I know I've been away from this blog for awhile working on my American Prototype home layout and also doing some traveling.  Over the course of this summer I will be rebuilding the second of the two 45 degree modules for the AsiaNrail layout.   These modules were originally built in the 1970's by Jim FitzGearld.  I rebuilt the first of these two modules last year and call it the Kaigan or Shoreline module as the scene I created is a shoreline.  The blog posts on it's re-construction can be see HERE.

This is what both modules looked like when I got them.  These were about 40 years old at that point.




As with the first module, I wanted to use the depth of the module frame to some effect so I decided to create a highway underpass.  In this photo the cuts have been made and base lowered for the highway.  More posts to follow as this project progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment