Friday, June 21, 2019

Third update on the new module

This is the third general update on the progress of the new curved highway module.  Since the last update land forms were created with my usual method of foam insulation board glued down on the module and shaped by carving and sanding.  Then this was covered with plaster cloth and a coat of sheet rock joint compound smoothed out with a wet paint brush.

Before I got much further I wanted to provide the means to attach acrylic shields to the sides of the module like I had done on other modules.   Using the shields from the other curved module as a guide I drill holes and installed 8-32 Tee nuts.

The hills were given a coat of brown and green acrylic paints so none of the white would show through the scenery and some small rocks were added here and there.  Then the retaining walls were air brushed with Testors concrete.
A base coat of sanded grout was applied over the entire area and when that dried several different shades of Woodland Scenics ground foam was applied.  The steeper areas were left showing more of the sanded grout as bare soil.
I am trying some Testors black weathering washes on the retaining walls.  I like how it settles into the recesses on the tiles and in between the tiles.








No comments:

Post a Comment