Sunday, June 16, 2019

Using Greenmax wall sets

On the Hot Springs Junction Ntrak module, I had made my own retaining walls using Styrene sheet and rod materials.  This came out great but was quite a bit of work so this time I found a ready made product by Greenmax.

Greenmax makes 3 different patterns of stone walls that come in a 3 pack with each of the 3 sections measuring 60mm in height and 200mm long.   I choose number 2107 which is an interlocking pattern of square tiles.




To get the height right all of the wall sections needed 2 or 3 rows cut from the bottom leaving the header row at the top.

The length of my retaining walls was long enough that I had to use two sections on each side.  The patterns will line up when the uncut ends are placed end to end.


As the highway crosses the module at an angle, the ends of the wall sections needed to be cut at an angle to match the edges of the module.







On one of the module edges I cut away several rows of tiles to simulate how a wall like this might get lower following the terrain.
I had placed the walls so that the header on top was just above the edge of the module base.  After the wall section was glued into place, the header was cut away in the area where the bridge would be so the bridge could sit on the edge of the module base.


No comments:

Post a Comment